Forum for Information only Visit

Dodge50 > Hello > REG'S AND LAW Go to subcategory:
Author Content
  • Rank:Dodge Fan
  • Score:402
  • Posts:125
  • From:United Kingdom
  • Register:13/05/2010 01:37:39

Date Posted:16/05/2010 12:11:16Copy HTML

Hi everyone I  have been looking through the threads here and have seen mention of an MOT exemption certificate my S46 is registered as body type breakdown truck and taxation class recovery vehicle but when I bought it I was not given any other paperwork like an exemption certificate please see my avatar or look at my album do I need to get an exemption certificate and if so how and where do I get it or are the registered details enough it is off the road at the moment but I hope it will be rolling soon advice greatly appreciated thanks Chris
Karrier Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo #1
  • Rank:Ummmmmmm
  • Score:11828
  • Posts:3686
  • From:England
  • Register:02/10/2003 09:22:56

Re:recovery truck

Date Posted:16/05/2010 03:38:35Copy HTML

 To get test exemption you need to use the form V112G to exempt the truck as a recovery vehicle, you can only do this when you tax it.
You can download the V112G from here [url][/url]

then take with you when you tax it at a PO
"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws." Douglas Adams
chrisfen Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo #2
  • Rank:Dodge Fan
  • Score:402
  • Posts:125
  • From:United Kingdom
  • Register:13/05/2010 01:37:39

Re:recovery truck

Date Posted:30/05/2010 12:57:44Copy HTML

Hi again Karrier I have just done a search on MOT exemption for vehicles within certain classes including recovery vehicles and following threads on other forums the main one being historic vehicles it appears that the government is in the process of stopping all these exemptions and the 3 month consultation limit has already expired does anyone know the results of this as that would give me a problem with S46 it would by virtue of being tested as 4600kg commercial vehicle I would not be allowed to drive it as I am an insulin dependant diabetic who is not allowed to drive anything with a GVW of over 3500kg. The difference is only that as not being liable for group 7 testing it is not group 7 and now it will be. I would appreciate anyone with any input on this subject to let me know if it has happened as there has been a change of government since this started apparently near the end of last year. Thanks Chris
mum2b Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo #3
  • Rank:Ummmmish
  • Score:2228
  • Posts:718
  • From:Unknown
  • Register:27/04/2007 04:05:38

Re:recovery truck

Date Posted:18/06/2010 01:10:02Copy HTML

because it is over 3.5 you would be takin a chance driving it chris
DISINFORMATION: This website has been knocked together with 2 bricks and a rubber chicken for your delight and I hope you all enjoy the fine discussions we have on the wonderful dodge50 series of vehicles, all information is either gleened from the official 50 series workshop manuals OR posted by members of the community.

DATINFORMATION: takes no responsibility for any mistakes or advice given, it's up to you if you take it or not, remember, All material is copyright 2002-2018 unless it's someone else's and it has been begged, borrowed or made up.

DISCLAIMER: Any libel or mistakes in messages that are written by members of the community, inc the admin's and owner of this site, takes no responsibility for them, you need to contact the author and have a moan / send a writ / agree. (delete as you see fit) Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.......Etc.......Etc...........

free counters

Copyright © 2000- Aimoo Free Forum All rights reserved.